Buying a new home is an exciting time in anyone’s life. However, sometimes in all of the excitement, home buyers can lose track of all of the important details that they should be focused on. One essential step in this process is getting a pre purchase building inspection to thoroughly evaluate the property.
Listed below are the top reasons you need a pre purchase building inspection:
1. Peace of Mind – Buying a home is typically the most expensive purchase in someone’s lifetime. A Building Inspection Sydney will provide peace of mind that the home’s infrastructure is working properly and in good shape. The home inspection will also protect your family from potential hazards and illness if otherwise left undetected.
2. Determines Value and Condition of the Home – An inspection is done by a certified professional who will ascertain the true value of a home. The structure, features and age of the home will be provided to you in a comprehensive report that will help you determine if it is worth purchasing the house.
3. Better Negotiation Power – Armed with the results from an inspection, you will be better informed about the home enabling you to leverage your position and negotiate better terms for your deal. If there are items discovered during the inspection, you can modify your proposed deal to have the existing homeowner fix them or reduce the purchase price.
4. Identify Defects and Structural Issues – Items like cracked foundations, illegal alternations and structural defects are not always easy to see to an untrained eye. A pre purchase building inspection will allow you to know if a home has any of these issues and easily walk away from a transaction.
5. Help Prepare for Future Expenses – An inspection report can help you plan for upcoming expenses on home items like appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing. The inspector could indicate that while an appliance is working properly today, it may require maintenance or repairs in the future. This helps the homeowner prepare for future expenses or consider home maintenance plans to cover any potential repairs.
The value of a Building Inspection Sydney is undeniable. Every home buyer should get a pre purchase building inspection to get peace of mind, determine the value of the home, identify any potential problems and prepare for future expenses. When you are hiring a building inspector, be sure that they are properly licensed and have at least 15 years of experience. These qualifications ensure that you will receive a thorough and quality inspection for your next home.