Komatsu has reengineered its XT-5 lineup of tracked feller bunchers for harvesting trees with increased power, travel speed and hydraulic flow.
The three models in the lineup are the XT430-5, XT445L-5 and XT465L-5.
Other improvements include a new two-year/5,000-hour warranty and improving nighttime visibility with 13 LED lights.
With the machines, operators can travel and operate the swing, arm and tool simultaneously.
The lineup was first released in 2018, and Komatsu says it has added the following improvements:
- 7-percent boost in horsepower from 310 to 331 for the Cummins QSL9 engine while using 5 percent less fuel.
- Increased hydraulic flow.
- Increased travel speed by 25 percent to over 3 mph.
- 13 LED lights provide nighttime visibility of the right track and when using the rearview camera.
- Increased lift capacity.
- Left-positioned cab with improved visibility and comfort.