Doosan has expanded its range of excavator sizes with three new mini models: the 3.5-ton DX35-5, the 4-ton DX42-5 and the 5-ton DX50-5.
The three new models join the DX63-3 and DX85R-3 to round out Doosan’s mini excavator lineup. With the expansion, the company now offers excavators from 3.5 tons to 60 tons.
“We hope with the additional models, our Doosan dealers will have the ability to grow their businesses and be even more successful in their local markets,” says Aaron Kleingartner, marketing manager for Doosan Infracore North America. “Also, it’s important to note that these three models will be manufactured in the United States for fast delivery to our U.S. and Canadian dealers and customers.”
The new DX35-5 is now Doosan’s smallest mini excavator and features a zero-tail-swing design for congested jobsites and working close to objects or buildings. The machine features a dual flange track roller system for higher over-the-side digging capacity and a smooth ride.
The DX42-5 is a conventional tail swing machine. Doosan says it has a relatively narrow width for a machine this size and is able to navigate through doorways, gates and other obstacles.
The DX50-5 is a minimal tail swing machine with less than one inch of tail overhang, allowing operators to work in tight spaces with more digging performance, Doosan says.
All three machines will be available with an enclosed cab with heat and air conditioning as well as an open canopy. A suspension seat comes standard as does keyless start.
The machines can be configured with standard- or long-arm options. Doosan says the long-arm configuration gives operators more dig depth and reach. A blade comes standard with the machines and an angle blade, which makes backfilling and creating slopes and swales easier, is an available option.
Each new model can be equipped with a quick coupler, bucket and thumb attachment package. The machines offer between 17 and 20 gallons per minute of auxiliary hydraulic flow. You can see a quick list of specs for each machine below.
DX35-5 Mini Excavator
- Horsepower: 33.5 hp Tier 4-compliant diesel
- Operating weight: 7,909 lb.
- Bucket breakout force: 6,968 lbf.
- Maximum dig depth (with standard arm): 10 ft. 3 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Tail swing overhang: 0 in.
DX42-5 Mini Excavator
- Horsepower: 42.7 hp Tier 4-compliant diesel
- Operating weight: 9,246 lb.
- Bucket breakout force: 9,183 lbf.
- Maximum dig depth (with standard arm): 10 ft. 6 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Tail swing overhang: 17 in.
DX50-5 Mini Excavator
- Horsepower: 49.8 hp Tier 4-compliant diesel
- Operating weight: 10,677 lb.
- Bucket breakout force: 8,977 lbf.
- Maximum dig depth (with standard arm): 11 ft. 7 in.
- Width: 77.2 in.
- Tail swing overhang: 0.6-in.